COVID-19 Coronavirus update
At the YMCA we are continuing to follow the Government and Public Health England advice regarding the current COVID-19 coronavirus situation and have listed an update on our services below. Another Government update is expected this evening (18/3/20) and we will update this list ASAP following the announcement.
Open for business as usual
- Pre-school and nurseries – all settings are currently open as we continue to support families in the region. As an organisation, we provide childcare across 13 settings in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight which has enabled us to move staff between settings to ensure we maintain suitable ratios and support. This does mean that you may see some unfamiliar faces in your setting to provide support to our core teams, but please rest assured that all staff have completed rigorous safeguarding checks above and beyond the industry norm. We would ask you to continue to inform your setting in the event that your child is not attending as this will assist us with our planning. As settings are open, any cancelled sessions are still invoiced in line with our normal procedures.
- Easter Daycamps – at present, these are still going ahead as normal. If there is further Government advice around this type of gathering, we will make a decision in due course including fees paid.
- School and group residentials – schools are still open and the advice is clear to continue with school trips in the UK. Our Fairhorne Manor site welcomed a school from West Sussex this week who have been showcasing their trip in Twitter and we are looking forward to welcoming more groups next week.
- Fairthorne Manor Family Park & Campsite – the campsite is due to open as normal from 3rd April.
- Fairthorne Manor children’s birthday parties – parties booked can be moved to later dates.
- Fairthorne Manor Family Festivals/Camp Outs/Community activities – first camps due to start from April as normal.
- Young Carers Festival – we are assessing the options for the festival and will post an update shortly.
Cancelled or postponed programmes, events and activities
- Community sessions such as Messy Play – these have been cancelled with immediate effect and we are contacting those with bookings. New dates will be offered in due course.
- Weston Community Library – the library has closed until further notice and we will post an update on re-opening when available.
- One off events – these have been postponed for the time being.
- Street Sleep fundraising event – rescheduled until 2nd October 2020.
- Fairthorne Manor Circus – postponed, awaiting new date. We will be in touch shortly with ticket holders.
- Walice’s Woodland Fun Run – rescheduled from 19th April to Sunday 6th September.
We will update this information as soon as we have further news.