Following the Government directive on 23rd March, we are sadly announcing that we will no longer be running our Daycamps at Winchester House during the Easter Holidays. We have emailed all families with an Easter booking, if you didn’t receive this or have any questions please contact us on [email protected].
For updates regarding our May and Summer programmes, please keep an eye on this website and our social media channels.
Set in a perfect location overlooking Sandown Bay, Isle of Wight Daycamps utilises the fantastic facilities at Winchester House, plus the stunning areas immediately around including the beach, local parks, and attractions. With beach school featuring heavily in the programme, we offer many opportunities to children from years R to 12 years to enjoy a range of indoor and outdoor sessions, making new friends and learning new skills along the way!
Tax free childcare & Childcare Vouchers
We now accept tax free childcare payments along with childcare vouchers for Daycamps bookings. Tax free childcare enables you to receive up to £2,000 to help with the costs of childcare – find out more.
What your child will achieve
Daycamps are great fun with a programme published in advance for each holiday. Daycamps offer children:
- an opportunity to socialise with a group of other children of similar age and make new friends
- participation in games and activities to further their physical, emotional and creative development
- the chance to try new experiences and develop new skills
Our work with the under 8’s is registered with Ofsted, with a ratio of 1:8 for all ages.
Children benefit from access to large grounds, a stunning view and:
- a large, bright playroom with zoned activity areas during free play – arts and crafts, soft toys, lego construction, reading area and board games.
- a large grass garden area for active play, ball games and team games.
- extra indoor space in our chapel, with activities including table tennis, table football, pool and soft play.
- accessible toilets, including disabled facilities and a changing area for personal care needs.
- we’re within easy reach of the nearby beach, playground and park which we visit regularly.
Information & prices
Daycamps runs from 8:30am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday every school holiday, except Christmas and Bank Holidays. In 2020, a Daycamp is just £25 per child per day for up to 9 hours of care and great activities.
A breakfast club is available 7:30am – 8:30am. For £2.75 per child they will be given a continental breakfast to fuel them for a fun day at Daycamps.
For an additional £4 per day we can provide a packed lunch which includes a sandwich, crisps, fruit, cookie and bottle of water.
Make a booking
Book online or contact us on 01489 785228. Full payment is required at time of booking.
Places must be booked in advance to guarantee a space. We try to accommodate children who haven’t booked, but these are subject to a £5 late fee per child.
Find us at YMCA Winchester House, Sandown Road, Shanklin, Isle of Wight PO37 6HT. Tel: 01983 862441.