Drawing pictures of their family helps children to:
- Think about the people in their family and where they fit in
- Talk about family relationships
- Practise early mark making
- Enjoy talking about their drawings
Ask your child to draw a picture of everyone in the family. There will be lots to talk about:
- How many people are there in your family?
- Who is the oldest in your family?
- Who is the youngest in your family?
Talk about relationships – ‘You know, Gran is Daddy’s mummy’ and tell children some stories about when the adults in their family were children. Together, write the names of the people that your child has drawn.