A great activity if you have any plastic eggs left over from Easter!
What you need:
- A number of hollow plastic eggs
- Small everyday objects like lentils, jingle bells, sand
What to do:
- Put a different object or objects into each egg.
- Keep an example of the objects that you have used to show the children.
- Seal the eggs.
- Let the children shake the egg and listen carefully to the sound it makes.
- Ask the children to match the sound inside the egg to the objects outside.
Taking it forward
- Using larger objects and replacing the eggs with a box or container.
What’s in it for the children?
In this activity you are encouraging the children to use their listening skills to identify sounds that they can hear.