YMCA Reverse Advent is now closed for 2020. Thank you everyone for your support during this difficult year.
This year, more children are likely to miss out on Christmas than ever before as local families struggle to make ends meet. Donate one item a day for Reverse Advent and give a family in your community a festive season to remember.
Your donations of food, treats and other festive items will go to those who are experiencing hardship. This year is a little different, so if collecting and dropping-off items is difficult for you, donate now and let us do the hard work for you. Your gifts will be sorted into hampers and distributed to local families throughout your community to ensure no one has to go without for Christmas.
Whether you can participate in one day, all twenty-four, or prefer to give a cash donation, your gift will make all the difference. Simply donate now or drop off your donations to your local YMCA branch by Friday 11 December (see below for full drop-off details).
If you know of a family in need who you would like to nominate for a Reverse Advent hamper, please speak to a member of your local YMCA team.
How to take part:
- Donate online now, or if you’d like to do your own reverse advent collection use our handy calendar below for ideas of items to go in your hamper.
- Collections start from Monday 16 November and end on Friday 11 December (this is to give us time to sort and distribute hampers to local families in time for Christmas!).
- You can drop your items off to your local YMCA branch. However, due to COVID-19 restrictions we ask that you call ahead of your visit to check drop-off arrangements with each site. Please also ensure you adhere to social distancing requirements.
We also welcome items for those with particular dietary requirements (i.e. gluten / dairy-free alternatives).
Please note we are unable to accept the following items:
- Fresh or frozen goods
- Alcohol or food items containing alcohol
- Products with nuts
- Opened or damaged products
Charity Number: 1090981