Corporate Volunteering – Helping us along the way
At YMCA Fairthorne Manor we are blessed with a large 85+ acre site that gives our community the space and freedom to explore. Maintaining these stunning grounds is a huge challenge for our hardworking estates team . Thankfully, the kindness a group of dedicated volunteers helps us along the way.
Each year volunteers from companies across the area have been rolling up their sleeves to support our services, whether this is in the grounds or preparing for the changes of seasons. We’d like to give a big shout out to volunteers from Ageas, M&S, Quilter and Zurich and others who have supported us with a whopping 900 hours of volunteering time in 2018.
The activities they take part in are as varied as the workplaces they come from. In the last year the following activities were completed with assistance from our volunteers to help improve everyone’s enjoyment of their time spent at Fairthorne, whether it be a camper, a Daycamps participant, a school visit or a pre-schooler:
- Our outdoor classroom in the orchard has been wood stained ready to withstand the toll of the harsh winter months.
- Snake and ladder board at Family Park.
- Dismantling our canvas tents for the season and packed them away ready for winter
- Re-vamp of the Fairthorne Manor Pre-school outdoor activity area including improvements to the fire circle, access bridge and boundary fences and pathways.
- The Halloween decorations for the Spooky Trail were painted.
- The tyre pyramid for Family Park has been completed and it is now being bedded-in over winter ready for the start of the camping season in 2019.
- Our gardens at Family Park were refreshed ready for the Spooky Trail; from weeding to planting and clearing the area.
- A new mud kitchen was created for our children who attend Treetots to use during their weekly sessions.
We are so grateful to all the volunteers who have helped us, and we look forward to seeing them again this year – thank you all!
If you’d like to find out how to be a volunteering hero with us, for either yourself or your organisation, please call us on 01489 785228