Paws and Reflect – Discover new woodland walks with your furry friend!
If you’re searching for beautiful, peaceful scenery and wondering where to walk your dog at the same time, then Fairthorne is the place for you!
We are excited to welcome your four-legged friends for on-lead walks across the Family Park woodland area starting in February.
Discover a tranquil space where you can get close to nature with your dog beside you every step of the way through the woodland paths.
Your four-legged friend will enjoy exploring new sights, sounds and smells while you enjoy a view of the wonderful Hamble River and local landscape.
Before heading home, pop by the Family Park Cafe to enjoy a range of drinks, snacks or a delicious homemade cake. Open from 9 am to 4 pm every day.
Pop us on your pup’s walkies wish list
Grab a dog walking route map at Family Park and get exploring!
See the walkies route
- Dogs must remain on a lead at all times – see map for dog boundary area.
- To protect plants and wildlife, please only walk your dog on the designated routes.
- Please be a responsible owner and clear up after your dog. Waste bins are provided at the Family Park Café area.
- Assistance dogs are welcome across the entire site.
- Dogs are not permitted to enter the outdoor play spaces or any buildings.
- Please ensure your dog doesn’t run up to other people – especially children.
- Please do not leave dogs unattended at any time.
- YMCA Fairthorne reserves the right to refuse entry to, or remove, any dog thought to be dangerous to visitors, staff, wildlife, or other dogs.
- Dogs may be excluded from site during large scale events – follow us on social media for the latest updates